Thursday, November 11, 2010

Working-Out While Sick

I wanted to write here yesterday but by the time I got back from the gym all I wanted to do was go to bed. For the past few days I have been feeling like I've been getting a cold, but it wont quite break.
Whenever I am not feeling good, the first thing I think about is whether or not I will get to work-out that day. I plan most work-outs days in advance and hate to veer from that schedule. So despite feeling horrible for most of yesterday, when 7:30pm came around I put on my running clothes and hit the gym.

I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 6mph. That can be tough to keep up on a regular day for me, but despite not feeling good I finished the run. Half way through I could feel it in my chest, but I was glad I kept going, cause the good sweat made me feel a little better. I did, however, have an early night!

Today when I woke up I was feeling pretty congested but I decided to hit the gym early anyway. I was a little sore from yesterday's work-out so I went with cross training on the stationary bike. I just did 30 minutes and got to just under 11miles. I did a little bit of weight training and decided that was enough until I am feeling 100%.

Hopefully I am feeling stronger tomorrow because I have a 60 minute run planned and would really like to get that done. But we will see how I feel.

Onwards and Upwards! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment