Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting back on that Darn Horse.

So yesterday (Monday) I got back to my training. I hadn't worked out since Thursday cause I'd been feeling like crap with the sore throat, chest and intermittent headache. Sunday I felt ready, but my family came down from Santa Barbara to celebrate my 24th birthday, and so I decided to take one more rest day.

Monday I went to the gym with the plan of running for 20 minutes at 6.0 mph but after just 8 minutes my lungs were giving out and I started to feel physically ill. I didn't want to completely give up on my workout so I decided to walk for at 3.5 mph at a 4.0 incline. My legs were burning a little bit and I still got a decent sweat but more importantly, I still felt like I got a workout. There were a few moments where I felt almost guilty for walking instead of running, but I reminded myself that listening to my body was much more important.

Today I went to the gym with Josh. I wasn't quite feeling the treadmill, and after yesterday I didn't want to push it, so I hit the stationary bike with Josh. We both did 30 minutes at level 3. I did the cardio workout where my target heart rate was 158 bpm. It took me 27 minutes to get it there ... but my highest heart rate ended up being 161 bpm, and I was happy with that. The best part was that at about 25 minutes Josh and I both got very competitive where the miles were concerned and started seriously biking. I was sure I was going to win, but when our clocks hit 30:00 we both had gone exactly 10.8 miles. Not to worry .... I told him I would win next time hahaha!
After the 30 minutes of cardio I did some weight training for my upper back and chest. I didn't push it, but did enough to feel it.

Tomorrow I will be back on the treadmill feeling awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment