Sunday, November 21, 2010

Too stressed to workout?

Today was another awesome day in the gym with my love. We were both on the stationary bike for 30 minutes, competing as usual haha. But unfortunately, the bike is not something I can beat Josh at. Just a few minutes on the bike and my legs burn. I have never been a big fan of the bike, but it is great cross training, a nice break from running and I get to spend that time next to Josh rather than on the other end of the gym.
Being as small as I am, I have to gave the saddle on the lowest setting so I can reach the peddles, but sadly I could use one more notch down, if you know what I mean ... it is not a comfortable 30 minutes! Besides that we did strength training for abs, back and obliques. It was a lovely Sunday workout.

Yesterday was a different story though. I woke up already stressed. This might have been brought on by the dreams I had. But I was in a crabby mood for the entire day. I had planned to workout but I got myself into such a tizzy, that I ended up laying on the bed and doing nothing for the entire day. Before my evening shift at the pub, I was getting ready for work and while washing my face I just started crying. It was a solid 10 minute cry after which I felt exhausted but better. A very wise friend (you know who you are!) once told me that crying is scientifically proven to help you feel better and think more clearly because of the hormones it sends through your brain. So I was still stressed, but thinking more clearly and able to get myself to work on time.

However, I still missed my workout. Usually I feed off of the stress, anger etc to make myself work harder in the gym. But there is a line, and when I cross that line I become useless and don't want to do anything. If only I had cried earlier in the day! But my lack of workout was quickly forgiven, as it was only my 2nd rest day of the week and they weren't in a row.

Anyway, today I am feeling better today. Still stressed because the problem hasn't gone anywhere, but better non-the-less. Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment