Friday, November 12, 2010

Finally taking an unscheduled rest day.

Work was crazy last night ... something I wasnt quite prepared for. There were only three servers and the busser/food-runner was sent home due to a death in the family, so I was the hostess/busser/food-runner and took some orders for the servers who couldnt keep up. Did I mention that it was busier than a Friday night?!
I had taken ibuprofen and zantac before work and so I felt okay for a few hours, but the constant running around  finally caught up to me and I left over 5 hours later with a pounding headache.
I got home and ate a little something which made me feel somewhat better, but I decided to take a sleeping pill and go to bed. I slept about 12 hours and woke up with a sore throat and earache and was feeling like I was in a daze.

Having said all that, I decided that today would an unscheduled rest day. I don't like not working out but I dislike  feeling like this even more. I do still have to work tonight though, and even though it is a Friday, I am secretly hoping that it will be a quiet Friday.

Tomorrow I will definitely work out, but depending on how I feel, it may just be a little bit of cross-training.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an insane day! Enjoy the rest day :) Do you have a tub in your apartment? If so, take a bath with epsom salts in it, its an easy way to detox out some of the junk!

    ReplyDelete