Sunday, April 24, 2011

Getting Excited.

I decided to look at the website for my upcoming race (3 weeks) to see if there were any updates. I knew that they had done a practice run a few weeks ago and was hoping that there were pictures. And there were :)  Looking at the pictires made me more excited for the run. It is absolutely gorgeous. Check out the photos they took!

http://web.me.com/luisescobar/born_to_run_ultras/Welcome.html

I am also excited that there will be three people from the book 'Born to Run' joining us. Of course Luis Escobar will be there since he is the one who is in charge of the race. The other two are Barefoot Ted and Caballo Blanco. I am excited to be participating in the same race as them. Having read the book, it is possible that I will be a little star struck ... these guys are among the greatest Ultra-runners and I will be breathing the same air as them. If that doesnt motivate me, I dont know what will!

After talking to Sandee, I have decided that Monday (tomorrow) will be my last 8 mile run ... though I have a feeling that I may try to fit in one more towards the end of the week. After that I will do a few 6 milers and taper off in the last week with a few 3-4 mile runs. That way I wont exhaust my body.

Starting yesterday, I have been eating a lot more veggies, less carbs on the days that I don't run and keeping up with about the same amount of protein. I am not doing this to lose weight of course ... I am doing it because I want my body to be as strong and lean and ready as it can be. Though for anyone who has ever tried to suddenly increase their veggie intake etc, will know how hard that can be on the digestive system ... so it may take me a few days to get used to it! But it will be worth it! I have been eating a lot of kale, which is a superfood  :)  So I will be fighting cancer as well.

Anyways, work is calling. I will run about 5-6 miles after work in afternoon sun ... assuming the sun comes out! Oh, and Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment