Saturday, January 15, 2011

With the sun comes the runners :)

The weather is amazing here in Irvine today. A fabulous 76F, clear skies and a slight breeze. Chest cold or no chest cold, I was getting out there!!! It was my first run since I got the chest cold, so I wasnt sure how it would go. Being afraid that I would push myself too hard, I brought Brutus (My little 1.5 year old rat terrier) with me because I knew he would slow me down just a little bit.

Brutus is a fantastic little runner though. We ran 3 miles in just over 30 minutes. He does get distracted from time to time though haha.
I had to take two little 10 second walking breaks when my chest started to hurt. But other than that, it was like I'd never even taken a week off! I really need to find a route with less traffic lights though because running towards an intersection telling a light to please turn green wasnt working at all. Perhaps I will return to my beloved bicycle path tomorrow.
Onwards and Upwards fellow runners :)

3 comments:

  1. 76 degrees! That would feel amazing. It will be MONTHS before I see that
    : )
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Luke ... My running buddy and son ;)

    ReplyDelete