Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Changing Routine

 Nothing messes up my workout motivation more than when my routine changes. I don't mean my workout routine, I mean my work/life routine. This week has consisted of a lot of training for new jobs or new positions. The information overload mixed with the general anxiety of something new has left me exhausted to the point where I am ready for bed before 9pm and just want to lay on the couch.
I did manage to get a workout in on Tuesday with Josh. We did the bike for 24 minutes. We were planning on 30 minutes but my right thigh went from being sore to me getting sharp pains extending from my hip down to the middle of my thigh. I guess it's called my quad muscle. I didn't want to risk injury so I stopped. I then just focussed on upper body strength. Then on Wednesday I was training to be a server at the pub and a few times when I was squatting down the sharp pains came back. So I didn't workout yesterday either, though after working two jobs I can't imagine that I would have had the energy!

So for the next few days I am going to take it somewhat easy. I have training for my new job at the Vegan restaurant at 7am for the next 3 days as well as my night job at the pub.Once I have my new work schedule I will settle back in a workout schedule. Though if I am feeling up to it, I will get in a few workouts between now and Monday.

This is just a minor set back. I will be back on track really soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Kirsty,

    Sometimes your schedule and body drag you down. Sounds like you've been there lately. I don't know what your workout schedule has been like this year, but winter is a good time to let your body heal.

    I think you just tweaked quad. Rest a bit, but do some light stretching to see if it helps. Sometimes all you need is a little R&R though.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken. I did just that ... took a few days off and am feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete